It’s St Patrick’s Day here and everywhere else around the world: Guinness, green/orange, leprechauns, clover leafs, bad accents, the lot. So here’s something to do while you’re recovering from a bad case of the regrets later.
Horoscopes, urban tourism games, paper art, speakers and more speakers, the meaning of life, a meeting of the keykeepers, wearable tech and new-tech fashion and accessories, thermodynamics, fruit pie electronics, personal computer security ideas, celebrity interviews [well, only one, and that from a few years back], the Scottish play, robot in space, porn shame, console controllers and more! So drink up and celebrate with everyone else:
- Google Glass’s unlikely testers: Your local cops
- Horoscopes, the Onion
- Hate First-Person Shooters? Even You Will Love Titanfall. Seriously.
- Minimumble: #485 – Travelling
- Horoscopes, the Daily Mash
- Chris Evans: American Marvel
- Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal: Dinner Date
- New Flexible Paper Sculptures by Li Hongbo
- Should Duke be embarrassed of me? A commentary I found online
- Inside Japan’s Indie Games Fest, Where Crazy Is Mandatory
- Bass Egg Turns Any Surface into an Amplified Subwoofer
- Happy Birthday, Jack Kerouac: The Beat Icon on Kindness, the Self Illusion, and the “Golden Eternity”
- Rock Paper Cynic: When you play the Game of Karts
- Jay Watson: Linger A Little Longer
- Check Out the Latest Version of Valve’s Steam Controller
- Google’s Sundar Pichai On Wearable Tech: ‘We Are Just Scratching The Surface’
- Coders, NASA Will Pay You to Help Hunt Down Asteroids
- 4 Speed-Reading Apps To Give You Lightning Fast Eyes
- Raspberry Pi Gets A Sound Card: 3 Ways To Use It
- ‘Soft Electronics’ Makes Wearable Computing Something You’d Actually Wear
- Enemy of Man – Feature Film
- Maximumble: #810 – Selfie
- How to Keep the NSA From Spying Through Your Webcam
- Meet the seven people who hold the keys to worldwide internet security
- The Space Station Is Getting Its Own Robot Butler
- Oglaf: The Illusionist
- 2048: Join the numbers and get to the 2048 tile!
Once more, apologies for the final link there. It may absorb your soul [and time] ever so slowly.
[And maybe there'll be some actual Pattie's Day links to post by next time.]