What a strange few days. Lots of wet, muggy summer weather. And it’s been basically dry for the past months. Anywa, lots of links today. A couple on the new ISP monitoring occuring Stateside, a Twitter pic from Commander Hadfield, an author reading his own short stories, telepresence, a guide to working from home, and first off the ranks Atlantis?
Let’s get into it:
- Hints of Lost Continent Found Beneath Indian Ocean
- The Gutters: BFF’s!
- CDC app lets you solve disease outbreaks at home
- Then who was phone?
- Hanger Tea by Soon Mo Kang
- O.J. Simpson offers Olympic murder suspect some advice
- A Calendar of Tales
- Java with Joe Bag of Doughnuts: Abandoned places like this have always fascinated me
- Commander Hadfield: Even as I took this picture
- ISPs Now Monitoring for Copyright Infringement
- Six Strikes Anti-Piracy System Makes Its Debut
- Mozilla Unveils Firefox OS Smartphones At Mobile World Congress
- Rock, Paper, Cynic: If Medieval Fantasy RPG’s Were Actually Based on Medieval History
- Wondermark: #563; Old-Country Grandparents
- Why Google’s Rumored Spotify-Killer Makes Perfect Sense
- Horoscopes, courtesy The Onion
- Horoscopes, courtesy the Daily Mash
- Telepresence In Education: Cisco & Wharton Reinvent The Business-School Classroom
- Spider-Man Physics: How Real Is the Superhero?
- Wondermark: #566; Supernatural Collective Nouns
- ‘And the breast actress goes to….’
- 30 years of music delivery formats
- Stuxnet Missing Link Found, Resolves Some Mysteries Around the Cyberweapon
- The 30 Best Places To Be If You Love Books
- How to break your brain: Roko’s basilisk
- The Mash Guide to Working From Home
A closing thought, overheard via the internets:
I came into this world covered in someone else’s blood and screaming and lemme tell you, I’m not afraid to leave it the same way.